- John Tavares
- Ryan Getzlaf
- Joe Colborne
Not bad company for the 24-year-old Calgary kid.
Drafted Out of the AJHL
Continues to Get Better and Better
"He's got a lot of confidence right now. A big guy with skill and confidence is hard to stop and right now, Joe's rolling and he's helping everybody else out too," Monahan said.
Caddying for Monahan
Pass First, Shoot Second
"Any way they throw me on the ice, I'll take it. I'm loving the ice time and the opportunity I'm getting right now and it's something I want to just keep going," he said.
Willing to Play Wherever Necessary
The Flames have been pretty lucky with fourth round draft picks lately -- Brodie and Johnny Gaudreau have both turned out to be steals. Considering he was acquired in exchange for a fourth round draft pick, it looks like you can add Colborne to that theft list also.
- Reality Check: No McDavid? No Eichel? No Problem - It's only been a couple weeks but from what I've seen, it's time for Flames fans to give up on the McDavid/Eichel watch and just enjoy this hockey season. Wherever the Flames end up drafting, that's where they'll draft.
- Happy 20th Birthday: Monahan Finishes Second for Goals by a Flames Teen - Sean Monahan turned 20 the other day. I took the occasion to revisit the list of Calgary's all-time greatest teenage goal scorers. Monahan finished first, can you name who was No. 1? No, it was not Jarome Iginla.
- Absolutely Disgraceful. Why Trevor Gillies Should Soon be an Ex-Flame - Disgraceful. Shameful. Deplorable. Embarrassing. There are many adjectives to describe the on-ice assault spree by Adirondack's Trevor Gillies. My impassioned take on why the Flames should release the 35-year-old, who has been suspended multiple times before and is about to be suspended again.
- 10-Step Survival Guide to the Calgary Flames 2014-15 Season - From Gaudreau to one-goal losses to 2015 draft prospects to the art of scoreboard watching. This is a must read for Calgary Flames fans to help them persevere this season.
- Bennett, Gaudreau and Monahan: Be Excited About the Flames Bright Future - These are exciting times in Calgary and my message to all those long-suffering hockey fans is enjoy it, damn it. As you'll see from Flames trios in past years going back to 1980, Bennett, Gaudreau and Monahan make up the most exciting forward trio in over 25 years so enjoy it!