Good news hockey talk-starved Flames fans, podcast No. 3 is now up on the big SoundCloud in the sky.
Recapping what's transpired so far with this ongoing experiment:
- In the pilot on July 11, featuring zero technology, I recapped development camp
- In the more technically sound second episode on July 19, Rob Kerr joined me as co-host and we debated the Flames season-opening roster
- I took a week off from 'official' podcast mode last week and for your audio fix, I did my Top 20 Flames prospects roll-out on the air on Sportsnet960 radio and posted the audio archive.
This week after doing a bit of experimenting earlier on with my new Blue Yeti microphone, I decided to go back to what had worked well two weeks ago and I reconnected once again with Mr. Kerr and in his home studio. Recorded last night, we dug into a number off-season Calgary Flames topics, while also reminiscing about the Expos, weddings and our days working in the video store industry.
Actual hockey topics included:
- Hypothesizing why Johnny Gaudreau and Sean Monahan remain unsigned
- The taboo question: Do the Flyers have the assets to pull off a trade for Gaudreau?
- Re-visiting my top 20 prospect rankings and debating some of the rankings
- Expansion, the many questions and the decisions that loom
- Do the reasons for the Troy Brouwer signing outweigh the risks?
Now I'm endeavouring to figure out how to set up an RSS feed so my podcast can be uploaded to iTunes and become official, findable and playable on your favourite podcast players. Stay tuned for progress updates.
Progress, I think. I have successfully uploaded the podcast to iTunes for review. Sounds like this could take a few days but getting closer.— Darren Haynes (@DarrenWHaynes) August 7, 2016
Like always, I welcome and look forward to your feedback
- Plenty of Goals + More Saves = Playoffs: History Says Flames Have Winning Formula - Going back to 2010, there's been a 96 percent chance that a potent scoring team as Calgary should be, makes the playoffs, barring 29th or 30th ranked goaltending. (August 1, 2016)
- Ranking the Calgary Flames Top 20 Prospects (July 2016 Edition) - After much contemplation, some last minutes changes, the new edition of my top 20 prospects is here. Who fell the furthest? Who climbed the furthest? How many made their debut? (July 27, 2016)
- The Good, the Exempt and the Ugly: How Expansion Could Impact the Flames - I looked ahead to next June's expansion draft and took a stab at who Calgary might protect, how to approach some tough decisions, and who Las Vegas could end up with. (July 25, 2016)
- Under the Radar: Wotherspoon Could be on the Verge of a Breakout Season - While all the talk about Calgary's unsigned RFAs has swirled around Gaudreau, Monahan, Wotherspoon -- on the verge of becoming an impact player -- is also in need of a new deal. (July 23, 2016)
- FF80F Podcast: Episode 2 - Mulling Over the Flames Season-Opening Roster - In a podcast featuring far better audio than my initial experiment, I got together with Rob Kerr and we went position-by-position over Calgary's potential 2016-17 line-up. (July 19, 2016)